The 2010s was the decade that foreign-language television broke through the global ceiling and got Hollywood to notice the quality of content coming from all corners of the world. While Danish drama The Killing (Forbrydelsen) and French thrillers Braquo and Spiral began inching the door open in the “aughties,” hyper local titles and the booming streaming market means that Netflix subscribers are just as likely to binge Spanish drama La Casa De Papel (Money Heist) or German supernatural thriller Dark as they are the new season of The Crown. Netflix’s VP International Originals Kelly Luegenbiehl recently told a London conference that “Hollywood is not the be-all and end-all of storytelling,” and “this is really just the beginning.” Georgia Brown, European content chief at Amazon, agreed that “language is kind of irrelevant now.” Related Story Decade Disruptors: The 10 Most Influential British TV Shows Of The 2010s It’s not just the SVODs that are helping this boom; linear broadcasters around the world have realized that specifically local titles stand more chance of becoming hits than global puddings. Many broadcasters, such as European public stations France Televisions, Italy’s Rai and Germany’s ZDF, are also teaming up to match the budgets of the… Read full this story
- 10 Most Fun TV Shows About Science
- 10 Spin-off TV Shows That Made It Big
- 10 Longest-running TV Shows
- This fall's 10 best new TV shows | Fall TV preview
- The Best TV Shows on Hotstar in India
- San Diego Comic-Con 2019: All the Movie and TV Show Trailers
- Sacred Games 2 Binge Over? Try These 8 TV Shows If You Want More of the Sacred Games Flavour
- What is the longest-running TV show of all time?
- Google Search Starts Showing Personalised TV Show, Movie Recommendations
- Every Apple TV show and series announced so far
Decade Disruptors: The 10 Most Influential International TV Shows Of The 2010s, From Hyper-Local Thrillers To Euro Entertainment have 300 words, post on deadline.com at December 31, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.