YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP) — Yokohama F Marinos beat FC Tokyo 3-0 on Saturday to win their first J-League title in 15 years and their fourth overall. Coached by Australian Ange Postecoglou, Marinos took the lead in the 26th minute when Thai defender Theerathon Bunmathan scored on a left-foot shot from 28 meters. The hosts doubled their advantage late in the first half on a goal by Brazilian forward Erik Lima. Keita Endo sealed the win with an angled shot from close range in the 76th minute. Yokohama went into Saturday’s final with a three-point advantage and a seven-goal lead in goal difference over second-place FC Tokyo. The 54-year-old Postecoglou becomes the first Australian coach to win a major domestic club trophy overseas. A two-time A-League winning coach with Brisbane Roar, Postecoglou turned Yokohama around after the club finish 12th in the 2018 season. ___ More AP soccer https://apnews.com/Soccerhttps://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Grand Rapids FC women win Midwest title, advance to national final four
- 28 trophyless years later, can Liverpool beat the odds to claim the Premier League title?
- Real Madrid beat Atlético to win Champions League – as it happened
- Jackie Robinson West Team Stripped of Little League Title
- Zidane quits as Real Madrid coach after 3rd Champions League title
- Charles Leclerc pays tribute to Jules Bianchi: "I will try to win the titles that he deserved"
- McLaren Could Offer F1 Drive To De Vries or Norris, If They Win F2 Title
- Coulthard: "Ferrari hindered Vettel's chances of winning the title"
- James Harden Says Kobe's Right, I Can't Win A Title Playing This Way
- Liberty beats Radford to win Big South softball tournament
Yokohama F Marinos beat FC Tokyo 3-0 to win J-League title have 279 words, post on apnews.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.