Former Vice President Joe Biden has a “big corruption problem,” a prominent backer of Sen. Bernie Sanders’s presidential bid said in an op-ed Monday. Zephyr Teachout, a progressive Democrat who has lost three prominent elections in New York since 2014, said Biden’s support for the financial sector, refusal to endorse Medicare-for-all and weakness on the issue of climate change are all rooted in his relationships with corporate donors and special interests.“It looks like ‘Middle Class’ Joe has perfected the art of taking big contributions, then representing his corporate donors at the cost of middle- and working-class Americans,” Teachout wrote in The Guardian. “Converting campaign contributions into legislative favors and policy positions isn’t being ‘moderate’. It is the kind of transactional politics Americans have come to loathe.” Teachout warned that the likelihood that Democrats defeat President Donald Trump in 2020 will be severely diminished if the party nominates a candidate like Biden. “It will allow Trump to muddy the water, to once again pretend he is the one ‘draining the swamp’, running against Washington culture,” Teachout wrote. “Trump and the Cambridge Analytica of 2020 will campaign, as the did in 2016, on a message of radical nihilism: everybody lies, everybody is… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders Will Participate in Next Debate, His Campaign Says
- Bernie Sanders was hospitalized with chest discomfort and has cancelled all 2020 campaign events until further notice
- Bernie Sanders embraces a new role: Democratic front-runner
- Bernie Sanders Finds Himself in a New Role as Front-Runner
- Pollster says Biden leading in polls partly because registered voters skew older
- Sen. Bernie Sanders plans to attend October debate after hospitalization - ABC News
- Bernie Sanders: Trump Wants To Get Rid Of The Filibuster Too, So Be Skeptical
- Felons should be able to vote from behind bars, Bernie Sanders says
- Gesundheitsprobleme: Bernie Sanders will nach OP bald wieder Wahlkampf machen
- Bernie Sanders Says He's 'Not Crazy About Getting Rid Of The Filibuster'
Bernie Sanders Surrogate Says Biden ‘Has A Big Corruption Problem’ have 324 words, post on dailycaller.com at January 20, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.