China completed constructing a large 1,000-bed makeshift emergency hospital in Wuhan in mere days to treat patients infected with the coronavirus amid the escalating epidemic. The Huoshenshan Hospital covers 269,000 square feet and is expected to open on Monday, according to Beijing state media. Its construction from the ground up began on January 23 and was finished in just nine days on Sunday morning, local time. More than 300 people have died in China from the new virus in less than two months and over 13,800 cases have been confirmed as of Sunday by the World Health Organization (WHO). Roughly 18,000 others are suspected of having contracted the virus, while nearly 330 have recovered since the virus broke out in December. As a result of the outbreak, Wuhan, Tianjin and several other cities in China have been placed under lockdown by the government to prevent a global pandemic. According to the National Health Commission, more than 14,380 people have been diagnosed with coronavirus worldwide. The Huoshenshan Hospital is one of two hospitals that Wuhan city officials began constructing in the wake of the virus outbreak. The second facility, Leishenshan Hospital, will contain more than 1,300 beds and is situated roughly… Read full this story
- Texas surgeon opens up about scene at hospital on day John F. Kennedy was assassinated
- Blue Jays pitcher J.A. Happ released from hospital one day after being hit in the head by line drive
- Sex, drugs and AIDS: New graphic novel by Joyce Brabner looks at early days of epidemic
- Russian gov’t scraps plan to turn pediatric cancer ward into exclusive hospital for beaurocrats, amid public pressure
- China ‘alien’ hoax lands farmer in jail for days over posted photos of rubber remains said found in electrified rabbit trap
- Real estate investor seeks six-figure increase on Bed-Stuy townhouse - in 3 days!
- Scott Disick checked in and out of rehab in one day amid Kourtney Kardashian split: report
- Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch leaves New York Presbyterian Hospital 4 days after being admitted with anemia
- Giants star Jason Pierre-Paul released from hospital 10 days after fireworks accident
- WDBJ-TV shooting survivor released from hospital: ‘Every day I wake to renewing strength and optimism’
China Constructs 1,000-Bed Emergency Coronavirus Hospital in Mere Days Amid Epidemic have 362 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 2, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.