Sons who can’t properly bury their fathers, couples calling off their weddings, and friends missing joyous events such as bachelorette weekends, bat mitzvahs, and 18th birthdays. Around the world, the coronavirus has upended people’s lives in unfathomable ways, forcing them to make agonizing decisions to cancel meaningful and monumental life events.“It’s bullshit he can’t have a funeral,” said Nils Van den Bossche of his late father. “I understand the severity of the virus, but at the same time I think it’s hypocritical to let people go on working, get sick there, but a gathering of a 100 friends family is not allowed?”On March 3, Gerd Van den Bossche, 51, died suddenly after collapsing in his office from a heart attack, according to his son. For the past 10 days, the 24-year-old’s mother and sister have been in overdrive planning the funeral. It was going to be a large memorial, with about 200 people who wanted to come pay their respects.But then coronavirus fears started “lighting up” in Belgium with more than 500 infections so far. The Belgian government, like so many other countries, enacted swift, drastic precautionary measures to try to thwart the spread.On Friday night, Nils’s family was dealt… Read full this story
- NFLPA says Trump’s Eagles decision cancelled several charity events
- Bangor pool hosts major teen event
- 5 WWE Title Changes That Were Forced Because of Real Life Events
- MLE = “Major Liquidity Event”
- WWE stars John Cena and Nikki Bella ‘reunited and back together’ just weeks after splitting and cancelling wedding
- Boxing finals cancelled over ‘threat to life’
- Angels pitcher Andrew Heaney’s love for dogs led him to his first major community event
- Pakistan to host first major hockey event in 14 years
- Ronda Rousey To Miss Major WWE Event?
- 5 under-the-radar NBA offseason decisions already making a major difference
The Painful Decision To Cancel Weddings, Funerals, And Major Life Events Because Of The Coronavirus have 313 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at March 13, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.