The Wildcats were No. 2 in the early Top 25 And 1 before Quickley’s surprise announcement by Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS Apr 13, 2020 at 12:20 pm ET • 9 min read It’s one thing to lose players projected to be selected in the first round of the NBA Draft. That happens to college basketball programs every year — especially Kentucky, which lost multiple first-round picks after each of the first 10 seasons John Calipari coached the Wildcats. The total is actually 29 through 10 years. That’s a lot. For the most part, though, Calipari has endured without issue because he often returns meaningful pieces who aren’t projected first-round picks. But that largely won’t be case next season now that Immanuel Quickley — who is expected to be picked in the second round — has announced he’s hiring an agent and entering the 2020 NBA Draft. “It saddens me that my brothers and I were not able to compete for the national championship this year due to circumstances beyond our control,” Quickley said. “But after praying about it and discussing with my family, I’ve decided to forgo my remaining eligibility.” Assuming Nick Richards eventually joins Quickley and Ashton Hagans in the… Read full this story
- College basketball rankings: Landing its highest-ranked recruit in 10 years puts Rutgers in the Top 25 And 1
- Mason Men: George Mason's Cinderella Run to the 2006 Final Four Changed College Basketball Forever
- Coronavirus fallout: The biggest questions, concerns facing college basketball and athletic departments
- Kai Sotto NBA Draft 2021 prospects: Philippines basketball star blazes trail
- 2020 NBA Draft: Kentucky's Ashton Hagans declares, John Calipari says guard is 'ready'
- NBA Draft 2020: Team needs and prospect fits for every lottery team; Knicks, LaMelo Ball a perfect match?
- 2020 NBA Draft: The top six seniors who could be second-round steals
- Ten freshmen who exceeded their expectations to impact college basketball in the 2019-20 season
- College basketball coaching changes tracker: Air Force brings back former coach Joe Scott
- 2020 NBA Draft prospects tracker: Patrick Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Anthony Edwards make declarations
College basketball rankings: Kentucky slips in Top 25 And 1 after Immanuel Quickley leaves early for NBA Draft have 321 words, post on www.cbssports.com at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.