European countries outline plans for return to public life Italy set to gradually lift restrictions from May 4 Children in Shanghai and Beijing made a return to school European shares rise as airlines, Deutsche Bank surge Updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 09:45 A rise in German stocks led a hike in European shares, as the market responded optimistically to signs that many countries may be easing their coronavirus lockdowns. Shares of airliner Lufthansa saw a jump of 6.8%, after Germany’s transport minister said he supported helping the firm. Meanwhile, Air France KLM also surged by 4.3%, following a 7-billion euros ($7.6 billion) government aid package. Euro zone banks also saw a boost in the market, following news that Deutsche Bank first-quarter earnings beat expectations. Its shares jumped by 10.8%. Germany’s DAX index was also boosted by drugs and pesticides company Bayer, which gained 3.1% after its first-quarter adjusted core earnings beat market estimates. Investors were optimistic about European-wide plans to restart some economic activity. Italy, among the worst-hit countries by the virus, was set to allow factories and building sites to reopen from May 4, while carmaker Volkswagen said it had resumed work at its biggest factory in Wolfsburg, Germany. 09:15 UK Prime… Read full this story
- 10 Great places to Ski in Europe
- The Latest: Imprisoned Catalan activist aims for amnesty law
- Seek Out the Top Ten Online Casinos
- Global stocks jump on report Brexit deal may be close, oil slips
- Trump lawyer Giuliani will not cooperate in U.S. House impeachment inquiry
- Stay High on Portability and Flexibility With the Cheap Laptops of Today
- Jobs Available Through IT Job Agencies In The UK
- Games Console - Get The Best Game With More Fun
- A Guide to Living Abroad
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
Coronavirus latest: Europe seeks to ease pandemic lockdown have 299 words, post on www.dw.com at April 27, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.