As India deals with the prospect of staying and working from home for much longer, one thing is quite evident: we are not just experimenting more with our cooking, but also with our baking.One of the frontrunners in the ‘baking under quarantine’ trend is bread. While people’s Instagram feeds and Facebook profiles are flush with images of all sorts of bread, an unusual sighting is a sourdough. The last I checked, the #sourdough hashtag threw up 3.5 million posts on Instagram, some of them from India.Close Unusual, since India had not warmed up to sourdough in the past. The bread was seen to be too expensive, too dense, too time-consuming to bake, not easily available, and as Sujit Sumitran, Goa-based entrepreneur, home baker and host of sourdough baking workshops say, “We have culinary traditions with all kinds of bread in India, each as flavourful as the other. Also, we have grains that are better suited for flatbreads rather than leavened bread like sourdough.” related news Kainaz Messman, founder of Theobroma in Mumbai, one of the few bakeries and cafes which commercially produce and sell sourdough says, “Besides, sourdough techniques are used in bread such as laadi pav, Khameeri naans and… Read full this story
- Feminist Hero Bakes Sourdough Bread Using Her Own Vaginal Yeast
- Romee Strijd’s Diet and Beauty Secrets for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2016
- Bake Protein-Packed Bacon Omelet Bites
- Exactly What I Ate To Get My Anxiety Under Control
- 7 DIY Skin-Care Recipes Facialists Use On Themselves
- Healthy Choices: The 101 Best Things to Do for Your Body Now!
- The Truth About Sugar
- How To Make Homemade Butter In A Mason Jar
- Find the Best Global Cuisine in Your City
- How To Make Your Own Toothpaste
India under quarantine wakes up to the beauty of baking sourdough bread have 283 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 27, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.