MIKE TYSON has urged Deontay Wilder to “grow up” and stop feeling sorry for himself after losing his WBC title against Tyson Fury. Fury, 31, dethroned Wilder, 34, with an emphatic seventh round stoppage last February, in their rematch having drawn in December 2018. Directly after losing for the first time in his 44-fight career, the Bronze Bomber astonishingly blamed his 45lb ring walk costume he wore before the fight for “weakening” his legs as well as slamming assistant trainer Mark Breland, who rightfully chucked in the towel to stop the fight. But heavyweight legend Tyson – who suffered the biggest upset in boxing history against ‘Buster’ Douglas in 1990 – claimed the former champion banked £80million for the rematch defeat and should not lose confidence. He said to rapper Fat Joe on Instagram live: “[Wilder] feels like giving up, ‘Oh, my life is over. I’ve made $90 million dollars. My life is over. Oh God, I want to die.’ Grow up.” “Keep going through it until it’s really over.“Wilder can still make a lot of money. He shouldn’t feel sad or discouraged. And he should continue to go out there and fight with a lot of zest and confidence.”… Read full this story
- Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker LIVE: Follow latest from the heavyweight unification fight in Cardiff
- Boxer Tyson Fury slammed by charity after repeatedly parking his Range Rover and Rolls-Royce in disabled parking space
- Who is Tyson Fury’s wife Paris and how many kids do the couple have together?
- Fury fires warning to Joshua after announcing his return to the ring
- Anthony Joshua defeats Joseph Parker on points to become WBA, IBO, IBF and now WBO World Champion
- Anthony Joshua defeats Joseph Parker on points to win fourth world title
- Tyson Fury explains how Deontay Wilder is behind his return to the ring
- Frank Warren hits back at accusations he is set to cash out Tyson Fury
- Tyson Fury says Anthony Joshua's scared to fight Deontay Wilder — so he'll do it
- Who are heavyweight duo Joshua and Wilder’s biggest threats?
Mike Tyson SLAMS Deontay Wilder for his reaction to Tyson Fury defeat and gives his prediction for trilogy fight have 334 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.