A dedicated ‘van lifer’ from New Zealand has revealed why a holiday that involves living out of a car should be your next bucket list item – and how to bring that dream to life if you’re still in lockdown. Ashley Konig, like the rest of the world, has been self isolating amid the coronavirus pandemic. It’s a far cry from the freedom she had in 2019, cruising around the country’s South Island in her renovated 2005 Ford Transit called ‘Van Morrison’; the beach her dinner table view and native birds her early morning alarm clock. ‘Just before my 30th birthday in 2018 – when all my friends were busy getting married and having kids – I bought an empty cargo van to start the project that I’d dreamed about for quite some time, but never had the guts to make into a reality,’ the now 32-year-old told FEMAIL. Ashley Konig (pictured), like all other New Zealanders, has been self isolating in her Christchurch home under the strictest coronavirus measures the world has seen It’s a far cry from the freedom she had in 2019, cruising around the South Island in her renovated 2005 Ford Transit called ‘Van Morrison’ Unlike… Read full this story
- Expats in the Netherlands want to stay longer and live like locals
- Home preserves the past, with concessions to modern life
- South Africa: Social Housing Residents Demand Option to Buy Homes
- Trump's travel ban stranded her. Then America welcomed her.
- Former Wisconsin Olympian Aly Dudek travels the world as a Backroads bicycle tour guide
- South Africa: 'I Have No Intention to Live a Life of a Fugitive'
- A $21,000 Cosmetology School Debt, and a $9-an-Hour Job
- Nigeria: Is Nigeria Preparing for Life Without Oil?
- They thought living in churches would protect them. Now they fear nowhere is safe
- Ghana: Farmers Need Our Support to Feed the Nation
Why you need to buy a van NOW: With international travel a long way off, one 'van lifer', 32, reveals how to live the dream life in your own backyard - all while maintaining a corporate job have 300 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 17, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.