New Delhi: Before Vikas Dubey managed to secure bail from a higher court in 2019, the Uttar Pradesh government had successfully argued before a Kanpur court in 2018 that he should not be let out on bail as he was a dreaded criminal and “due to his terror and fear, no person dares to depose or file a case against him.” Dubey, pleading for bail then before the Special Judge (Gangster Act) in Kanpur, contended that he was a “respectable person with a prominent standing in society”, that he ran no gang and was not a gang-leader and claimed that cases had been foisted on him due to political pressure and to spoil his political and social image as he had been a Gram Pradhan thrice and a Zila Panchayat member. He was denied bail then but secured bail for a higher court later. The UP Police is now probing why Dubey’s name was still not included in the Top 10 Criminals list of Kanpur by the then SSP Anant Dev though the police in 2018 had booked him under the Gangsters Act and Anti-Social Activities (Prevention) Act and even charge-sheeted him for the same in 2019. ET accessed the… Read full this story
- High Court refuses to order AAP govt to grant sanction in JNU sedition case
- Demonstrators gather as U.S. Supreme Court hears major gun case
- CBI Books Sitting Allahabad High Court Judge In Corruption Case, Searches Residence
- Zareen Khan files case against former manager for alleged misbehavior calling her 'prostitute' & threatening her!
- Law Ministry to set up special fast track courts to try rape cases
- P Chidambaram gets bail from Supreme Court in INX Media case 105 days after his arrest in August
- Maharashtra govt already has a review report on cases against Maratha, Dalit protesters
- The Supreme Court's Second Amendment Case Is a Matter of Life and Death for Us | Opinion
- Delhi govt rejects mercy petition of 2012 gangrape case convict
- Govt. for speedy trial in Gujarat rape cases
UP Govt in 2018 told Court: No one dares to depose or file case against Vikas Dubey due to his fear have 332 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.