A million trapped cannibal ants have successfully escaped a Soviet nuclear weapons bunker. Ants are known to live in extreme environments, but the weapons bunker was something completely different. The ants were originally discovered in 2013 when researchers were looking into bats that lived in another nuclear bunker around the same area. It was reported that all of the ants in the colony were worker ants, which means that they could not reproduce, so researchers were puzzled when they visited the site again in 2016 and found that the number of ants had grown to possibly 1 million. As it turns out, the original nest was located over a ventilation pipe. When ants would fall down the pipe, they became trapped in the nuclear bunker with no light, no food, and no heat. So how did the population grow over the years in this void? As it turns out, they turned to cannibalism to survive. The weaker ants that fell down the pipe and did not survive were turned into food and researchers wanted to find out if these cannibal ants would leave their nuclear tomb, if given the chance. The research team was led by Wojciech Czechowski, who is… Read full this story
- North Korea: What can the outside world do?
- Josef Fritzl trial: 'She spent the first five years entirely alone. He hardly ever spoke to her'
- 25 NBA players who can help you survive a zombie apocalypse
- Handing Out Awards for Every NBA Team
- Final Report Card Grades for Every NBA Team
- NFL 2016: Midseason Grades for Each Team
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- Each Non-NBA Playoff Team's Key Offseason Decision
- Patriots' tensions, Chargers karma, 49ers expectations and more fatal flaws for NFL teams
- WWE Royal Rumble 2017: 5 Mistakes the Company Must Avoid
A Million Trapped Cannibal Ants Have Escaped a Soviet Nuclear Weapons Bunker have 287 words, post on movieweb.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.