Reni Santoni in a publicity photo for the Disney TV series Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law in 1971. Photo: Walt Disney Television via Getty Images Actor Reni Santoni, best known for his work in Dirty Harry and as Poppie on Seinfeld, died Saturday at the age of 81. According to Variety, Santoni’s friend, TV writer and producer Tracy Newman, confirmed his death on August 1 via a Facebook post. “He had been sick for quite a while,” writes Newman. “Those of you who knew him know how funny he was, what a terrific actor, improviser, performer, etc. So brilliant. I loved him very much and will miss him terribly. Another great one is gone.” Born in New York City, Santoni’s first leading role was as the star of Carl Reiner’s Enter Laughing in 1967, based on Reiner’s autobiographical play of the same name, across from Shelley Winters and Elaine May. After portraying Inspector Chico Gonzalez in 1971’s Dirty Harry, the first of the film series, Santoni took roles in Reiner’s 1982 comedy Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid, 1983’s Bad Boys, 1985’s Brewsters Millions, and 2000’s 28 Days, in addition to appearances on shows like Hawaii Five-O, Hill Street Blues, and… Read full this story
- Today in History for April 21st
- Tree huggers of Reni
- Your WeBlogAcademy.com Certificates are now Online!
- Pankaj Mishra in Orwell Prize longlist
- John Michael Williams, 32, shot dead in Ladyville home
- 24 Ways To Celebrate the Boston Marathon
- Cleo at the Alley Doesn't Match the Epic Content of its Source Material
- The Boston Guide to a Marathon Day of Dining and Drinking
- Rams produce determined effort in defeat to leaders Toronto
- EU investment bank confirms secrecy of VW fraud report
Reni Santoni, have 288 words, post on www.vulture.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.