Industrial production declines in HCM City in seven months Industrial production declines in HCM City in seven months The index of industrial production (IIP) in Ho Chi Minh City went down 5.5 percent year-on-year in seven months of this year due to COVID-19 pandemic, according to the municipal Department of Industry and Trade. In July alone, the index rose by 8.6 percent month-on-month, including manufacturing and processing up 9 percent, electricity production and distribution up 3.9 percent. However, four key industries saw a 0.9 percent decrease in seven months but moved up more than 4.6 percentage point from the IIP, including electronics up 18.6 percent, and chemicals and pharmaceuticals up 7.3 percent. According to local enterprises, domestic industrial production is facing pressure caused by imports. Deputy Director of the department Nguyen Phuong Dong highlighted a need to issue breakthrough solutions and policies to support enterprises as a number of markets have yet to open their doors due to the pandemic. Dong said local exports via border gates nationwide rose by 5.8 percent to 24.7 billion USD in seven months. However, its shipments to European markets joining the European Union – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement only reached over 2.74 billion USD,… Read full this story
- (3rd LD) N. Korea appears to be replacing top envoy in Vietnam | Yonhap News Agency
- Jittery markets eye US jobs numbers amid global recession fears – business live
- Family holding vigil to spread awareness about Hanson woman missing since August
- Hurricane Irma a Category 6? That's fake news.
- Insurance news: How to check if you are being penalised for car and home insurance loyalty
- For Sandy Alderson, Bob DuPuy & Rich Levin, before there was baseball, there was Vietnam
- South China Sea tensions surge: Vietnam urges India to back them against Beijing
- Vietnam’s economic growth, potential discussed in UK
- South China Sea outrage: Furious Vietnam heighten Beijing tensions in new move with India
- Expo-Russia Vietnam to take place in mid-November
VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8 have 303 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.