The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday said some 172 countries are engaging with the COVAX facility designed to ensure equitable access to Covid-19 vaccines, but more funding is needed and countries need to make binding commitments.The WHO had earlier urged countries to join a global pact aimed at ensuring less wealthy countries have access to Covid-19 vaccines, warning about the risks from so-called ‘vaccine nationalism.’WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has said initially, when there will be limited supply of Covid-19 vaccines, it’s important to provide the vaccine to those at highest risk around the globe. He said this included health workers on the front lines of the pandemic, who were “critical to saving lives and stabilising the overall health system”.Also Read: Covid-19 positivity rate inching up again in Delhi, stands at 7.4%Here is everything you need to know about the COVAX plan:• The COVAX global vaccines facility is a plan designed to pool funds from wealthier countries and non-profits to develop a Covid-19 vaccine and distribute it equitably around the world. Its aim is to deliver 2 billion doses of effective, approved Covid-19 vaccines by the end of 2021.ALSO WATCH | Covid: First part of… Read full this story
- More New Yorkers start receiving the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Harvard Doctors Protest at Moderna CEO's Home Over Lack of Vaccine Access
- Millions to be offered Covid booster vaccine next week – are you eligible?
- World Health Organization says healthy children and teens probably don't need a Covid vaccine
- Covid-19: Nottinghamshire tier 3 to feature 9pm alcohol rule
- All you need know about the incoming TCS CEO K Krithivasan
- Monster who murdered partner planning to leave him then hatched sick cover up jailed
- Citing Safety Concerns, F.D.A. Further Limits J.&J. Covid Vaccine
- China Approves first Domestically Developed mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine
- Get Covid-19 jab or lose salary: Thane Municipal Corporation to staffs | India News - Times of India
WHO’s global COVAX plan: All you need to know about Covid-19 vaccine access plan have 311 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 25, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.