(CNN)With 13 indictments this week, a Cuyahoga County task force looking into previously untested rape kits passed 800 indictments since it was formed in 2013. “We changed I think by doing this, we changed the culture, or helped advance the culture at least in Ohio, and across the country. And said look, we’re not going to accept the fact that these are old rape kits. They have not been tested, we’re not going to accept the fact that these may be difficult cases to run down,” Gov. Mike DeWine said Thursday. DeWine said the kits, done from 1971 to 2014, had never been tested for DNA. That is “just unacceptable,” he said. More than 14,000 kits have now been tested, he added. The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office Sexual Assault Kit Task Force has now seen 809 indictments, Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley said in a statement. Read More He said the total number of indictments is the highest of any sexual assault kit task force in the nation. “Despite this success, we know that more violent offenders remain lurking on our streets. We continue to explore new avenues to bring others who have evaded law enforcement to justice,” he said. “Several… Read full this story
- LSU task force looks at random drug tests, banning booze to curb frat bad behavior
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Historic Biden-Harris victory sparks joyous celebrations across Bay Area
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Historic Biden-Harris victory sparks joyous celebrations around Bay Area
- LA 'defund' police budget cuts force department to dissolve sexual assault unit that investigated Weinstein
- Who passes the test in the race to beat Covid… and are other countries really doing better than us?
- Police and social workers missed catalogue of chances to save murdered schoolgirl Lucy McHugh, 13, before she was raped and stabbed to death by family's 25-year-old lodger, damning report finds
- Trump in private dreaded catching Covid while dismissing coronavirus risk in public
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 3 (updated hourly)
- 100 best films on Netflix to watch right now
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 4 (updated hourly)
Cleveland-area task force set up to look at shelved rape kits passes 800th indictment have 329 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.