Famously known as the Nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar's voice has touched millions across generations. In a career spanning seven decades, she has lent her voice to over 30,000 songs. Not just a singer, Lata is a phenomenon who has played a major role in shaping the country's musical culture. She is gifted with a golden voice that is incapable of going out of tune. Her achievement is unparalleled for any singer on the face of the earth. To mark the celebrated singer's 91st birthday on September 28, here's looking back at some of the melodies that are immortalised for her heavenly voice. O sajna barkha bahaar (Parakh, 1960) Salil Choudhary's song from the 1960 Bimal Roy film remains one of the finest composed in raga Khamaj. The music beautifully blended with Shailendra's lyrics. The song picturised on Sadhana with the surrounding rain and accompanying instrumentation like the sitar makes this melody unforgettable. Aayega aanewaala (Mahal, 1949) Lata crooned this song in her 20s and over six decades after its recording, the song remains a classic. This song was almost like a preview for the nation giving a glimpse of a voice that left generations spellbound with its magic. Madhubala… Read full this story
- How to plan a fun birthday night in London
- Happy 70th birthday, Twiggy
- We reveal the 10 winners of Derby's Food and Drink Awards 2019
- Who was the real Freddie Mercury?
- Every important Google Home and Google Assistant command you can give
- Sunderland new manager search LIVE
- The Blood-Soaked History of Slasher Movies
- You Love to Hate Them: The Best and Worst Songs of Karaoke
- Worlds of my grandparents held charms that seem sadly lost from view
- Shopping centre opened by Thatcher marks 40 years
Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: 10 Memorable Hits by Bollywood’s Nightingale have 286 words, post on www.news18.com at September 28, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.