Honour viewers were left in tears tonight after Banaz Mahmod’s family members were found guilty of her murder in the chilling final episode of ITV’s new two-part drama. Many expressed their horror when the tortured body of the 20-year Iraqi-Kurdish woman from south London was discovered stuffed inside a suitcase buried in a Birmingham garden. And viewers took to Twitter in their droves to ‘thank God’ the men responsible were brought to justice, with one tweeting: ‘It’s not often a drama reduces me to tears but this one has, what an absolutely heartbreaking and utterly shocking event that took place.’ Another wrote: ‘#Honour on ITV is utterly heartbreaking. It’s beyond comprehension that someone was murdered by her own family for falling in love.’ The ITV drama tells the powerful story of DCI Caroline Goode’s (played by Keeley Hawes) passionate search to discover the fate of Banaz after she disappeared. In tonight’s concluding episode, Banaz’s father Mahmod Mahmod and uncle Ari Mahmod were convicted of her murder after she fell in love with a man of her own choosing and who her family disapproved of – Kurdish immigrant Rahmat Sulemani (played by Moe Bar-El) – who committed suicide 10 years after the court verdict…. Read full this story
- Years after ‘inconsistent’ verdict, Rae Carruth is about to be released from prison
- The best TV performances of 2015
- As police investigate Carruth, Cherica Adams and newborn son fight for their lives
- This Is Us season 3, episode 5 recap – Toby: The moments that made us cry
- Randy Lanier: The Long Way Home
- What 1995 pop culture would you want to experience again for the first time?
- Croatia beat World Cup hosts Russia on penalties to set up England date
Honour viewers are reduced to tears as slaughtered Banaz Mahmod's father and uncle are found guilty of her murder in finale of 'chilling' ITV drama have 283 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 29, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.