Photo: Instagram/VerzuzTV It wouldn’t be a Patti LaBelle performance if she didn’t at some point kick her shoes off into the next time zone, and her Verzuz Battle with Gladys Knight on Instagram Live Sunday was no different. Instead of a showdown, however, LaBelle and Knight followed the pattern established by several Battles before them and had a love fest, complimenting each other on everything from their tour buses to their cooking to their respective registers. However, if you weren’t sure if this Battle’s good vibes were genuine, Patti LaBelle fortunately has a pretty obvious tell. If you were waiting for the other shoe to drop, however, Sunday’s Verzuz also had an eleventh hour reveal that would have had us quaking in our boots (if we had to sing with her right off-stage, we mean.) Fellow legend Dionne Warwick joined the duo for a rendition of “That’s What Friends Are For” to close out the livestream. Come on Patti (and Gladys and Dionne.)
- What Does Patti LaBelle Think About Aretha Franklin’s Retirement?
- Patti LaBelle Gives Aretha Franklin a Fitting Diva Send-off, Puts Their Feud to Rest
- Patti LaBelle, the Four Tops Performed at Aretha Franklin’s Memorial Service
- Aretha Franklin Tribute Concert to Include Céline Dion, Patti LaBelle, John Legend, and More
- Column: California becomes a leader on privacy rights, but the battle is just beginning
- Soccer Battle Royale is obviously the future of the genre
- Fortnite: Battle Royale's 50v50 event mode is back
- Sharks Lose 3-1 To Golden Knights; 9th Loss In 10 Games
- Fortnite Battle Royale has murderous World Cup fever
- Fortnite Battle Royale flattens Tilted Towers with massive volcano
Patti LaBelle’s Shoes Flew Right Off to Heaven During Her Verzuz Battle With Gladys Knight have 284 words, post on www.vulture.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.