Photo: Instagram/VerzuzTV It wouldn’t be a Patti LaBelle performance if she didn’t at some point kick her shoes off into the next time zone, and her Verzuz Battle with Gladys Knight on Instagram Live Sunday was no different. Instead of a showdown, however, LaBelle and Knight followed the pattern established by several Battles before them and had a love fest, complimenting each other on everything from their tour buses to their cooking to their respective registers. However, if you weren’t sure if this Battle’s good vibes were genuine, Patti LaBelle fortunately has a pretty obvious tell. If you were waiting for the other shoe to drop, however, Sunday’s Verzuz also had an eleventh hour reveal that would have had us quaking in our boots (if we had to sing with her right off-stage, we mean.) Fellow legend Dionne Warwick joined the duo for a rendition of “That’s What Friends Are For” to close out the livestream. Come on Patti (and Gladys and Dionne.)
- Exclusive: Gladys Knight is still buzzing after nearly winning
- Over or under? Gamblers debate length of Gladys Knight's national anthem
- Fox News Mistakes Patti LaBelle for Aretha Franklin (PHOTO, VIDEO)
- Kelly Rowland Nails Gladys Knight's Voice & Look in 'American Soul'
- Gladys Knight
- Tania’s World: The Inside Story of the Patty Hearst Kidnapping, Part Two: People in Need
- Avengers Writer Teases "World-Shaking" Moon Knight Arc
- Track body sees risk in shoes tech but clears Nike design
- Renegade Announces Space Battle Lunchtime Card Game
- Patti Smith: 'It's not so easy writing about nothing'
Patti LaBelle’s Shoes Flew Right Off to Heaven During Her Verzuz Battle With Gladys Knight have 266 words, post on www.vulture.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.