Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for TIME Ryan Murphy has already wheeled you through the halls of Nurse Ratched 's inner workings. Now, in his new series, the American Horror Story creator is escorting you somewhere even more terrifying: Jeffrey Dahmer 's Milwaukee apartment. According to Variety , Murphy and producer Ian Brennan will be bringing Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story to Netflix in the form of a ten-episode limited series. Unlike previous works about the serial killer, like Dahmer and My Friend Dahmer , Monster will focus less on the titular cannibal, rapist and murderer himself, and more on the "police incompetence and apathy" that enabled Dahmer to pray on mostly young men and boys of color for over a decade. Told from the perspective of his victims, the show will depict "least 10 instances where Dahmer was let go after being apprehended," huge failures by law enforcement the show will explore through the lens of white privilege, racism, and homophobia. In 1992, Dahmer was sentenced to 15 life sentences for fifteen murders, with a separate life sentence added for another murder later that same year. Richard Jenkins is reportedly set to co-star as Dahmer's father Lionel, Carl Franklin will… Read full this story
- Everything We Know About Ryan Murphy's Netflix Series 'Ratched' So Far
- Ryan Murphy On Bringing ‘The Prom’ From Broadway To Netflix, How COVID Derailed Production, And Rebooting ‘A Chorus Line’ As A Limited Series – The Deadline Q&A
- Ewan McGregor transforms into iconic designer Halston to film alongside Elsa Peretti actress Rebecca Dayan for new Netflix drama
- Every Super-Gross and Super-Gory Thing That Happens in Netflix's 'Ratched'
- 'The Grinch' Is Already in Netflix's Top 10, so It's Officially Christmas Now
- The best shows to binge watch on Netflix right now
- 100 best Netflix series to watch right now
- The best new TV shows of 2020
- On my radar: MNEK's cultural highlights
- 100 best films on Netflix to watch right now
Ryan Murphy’s New Netflix Limited Series to Examine the Police Culture That Enabled Jeffrey Dahmer have 318 words, post on www.vulture.com at October 2, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.