Establishment favourite Sir Roy Strong’s waspish diaries are wonderfully indiscreet. On Saturday, he offered telling insights into Prince Charles, Camilla, Sophie Wessex — and Michael Portillio. In today’s exclusive extract, he’s invited to William and Kate’s wedding and says the Middletons were the class act… November 30, 2006 Dinner with Antonia Fraser at the Garrick Club. Tears came on both sides. That she dreads losing Harold [her husband, playwright Harold Pinter] was the subtext. She asked me how I saw the afterlife. I said that I didn’t, beyond a feeling and a hope that it would somehow be a perpetual awareness of the presence of God and, equally, of [my late wife] Julia. Antonia was very funny about her mother, who believed that her husband Frank [Earl of Longford] would be waiting for her with a cup of tea in his hands. May 16, 2007 A droll day in Bath. Much to my amusement, the Fashion Museum [to which Strong had donated most of his extensive wardrobe] is planning an exhibition of my shirts. It was so astonishing to see the stuff all carefully folded away, wrapped in tissue paper. My task was to choose the right ties for the… Read full this story
- Royal wedding: Meghan Markle's induction into the Royal family is a break from conservative customs
- Prince William leaves Kensington Palace the morning after crunch Sandringham Summit while royal negotiators start hammering out Megxit questions over couple's funding and titles
- Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton That May Show Why She And Prince Harry Are Cutting Off Royal Reporters
- Prince William is left to host wildlife task-force he set up with Harry alone as his younger brother starts new life in Canada with a series of events for Aids charity... but did he even say goodbye?
- Why Kate Middleton can wear a tiara but Meghan Markle can't
- Royal news: Kate Middleton, the Queen and Prince Charles
- Now, more than ever before, Kate Middleton will be jewel in the Queen’s crown
- How much WOULD it cost to rent Royal properties? From the Queen's Buckingham Palace apartment to Princess Beatrice's flat... monthly bill YOU could expect to pay in wake of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bid for 'financial independence'
- Meghan Markle Asks Prince Charles to Walk Her Down Aisle in Absence of Her Dad: 'It Was Her Wish'
- Prince Charles may use multi-million-pound legacy from King George VI to fund Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - as expert warns taxpayers could still foot the bill if he claims it on expenses
The Royal Wedding was a modest affair... apart from the fashion chaos: Thats the waspish verdict of ROY STRONG, who had a ringside seat at Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton - as he reveals in the second part of his mischievous new memoirs have 419 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.