London — A retired nurse was briefly arrested in England this week after mounting a desperate bid to remove her mother from a nursing home before the country entered a new nationwide coronavirus lockdown. A video posted to Facebook by her daughter showed Ylenia Angeli, 73, sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car while her elderly mother, who has dementia, sat in the front of the family car nearby.Police said they “de-arrested” Angeli shortly after, and told CBS News partner network BBC News that they had responded “to a report of an assault at the care home.” The care home’s staff would not comment to the BBC on the incident.Leandra Ashton, Angeli’s daughter who recorded the incident, said her mother was pushed to “breaking point” after being unable to see her elderly mother at the home for nine months. Government restrictions had barred most in-person visits at care homes in areas with high COVID-19 infection rates.”When we got there things just escalated,” Ashton said of her mom’s move to push into the care home and then walk out with her grandmother. “We didn’t plan it, it was just a moment of high emotions.” Her grandmother was returned immediately to… Read full this story
- World Breastfeeding Week: Educate, encourage and empower Baton Rouge area moms
- They lost their home in a massive 2015 wildfire. Their story shows what new victims can expect
- Arizona high school student arrested for refusing to take off bandana
- Police arrest California man accused of hitting cop with hammer
- Calling high school artists: Fill this historic hotel with art before its demolition
- Sen. Kennedy announces $1M+ for Baker High flood recovery effort
- Husband arrested in connection with missing pregnant wife, 2 daughters in Colorado
- A Texas mom was asked to cover up while breastfeeding. Her response won the internet.
- Sawgrass Mills mall evacuated and on lockdown, cops say
- Working Mother magazine’s ‘50 Most Powerful Moms’ is retrograde, anti-woman garbage
Woman arrested trying to get mom out of nursing home as England COVID lockdown brings "high emotions" have 319 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at November 5, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.