It’s been eight years since my sweet little Daniel was murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary School, along with 19 of his classmates and six educators. It was less than two weeks before the holidays, and many of the children were making gingerbread houses when the shooting began.For many families, the holidays are a time filled with joy. For us, the holidays are forever different. We know we have so much to be thankful for. Our two older children, James and Natalie are in college and growing into beautiful, kind and considerate adults whom we love and admire. Daniel is always top of mind for all of us, and the sad, longing feeling that he should be with us is all the more present at this time of year. Burying my seven-year-old child was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. My son had an incredible reservoir of compassion, and I vowed to do everything I could in his honor to prevent other families from enduring a similar fate.In the months after the shooting, myself and other families called on federal officials to take action. We called for Universal Background Checks that keep guns out of the hands of people… Read full this story
- How They Did It: Sandy Hook Families Savor Long-Awaited Legal Wins
- How They Did It: Sandy Hook Families Gain Long-Awaited Legal Wins
- 5 years after Sandy Hook shooting, plans for a permanent memorial take shape
- Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Relatives to Sue Gun Maker
- Eleven Years After the Sandy Hook Massacre, a $73 Million Settlement
- Sandy Hook families settle for $73 million with gunmaker Remington: "True justice would be our 15-year-old healthy and here with us"
- Sandy Hook Families Settle With Gunmaker for $73 Million Over Massacre
- Sandy Hook Massacre: Remington and Other Gun Companies Lose Major Ruling Over Liability
- Sandy Hook Families Settle For $73M With Gun Maker Remington
- Florida Woman Is Charged With Threatening Sandy Hook Parent
My Son Died in Sandy Hook Eight Years Ago. Gun Reform Still Lingers | Opinion have 316 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 14, 2020. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.