Photo: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic Despite the literally hundreds of sexual abuse and assault claims made by student athletes against Ohio State sports doctor Richard Strauss throughout his career, many people outside of the state had not heard of the disgraced doctor, nor how the university failed to intervene on their students' behalf, until Sports Illustrated published writer Jon Wertheim's November 2020 piece "Why Aren't More People Talking About the Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal?" According to the Hollywood Reporter , George Clooney and his Smokehouse Productions partner Grant Heslov will be spreading the word even further by producing a docuseries based on the article by Wertheim, who will also executive produce. Said Clooney and Heslov in a statement to THR , "We're very pleased to partner with 101 Studios and Sports Illustrated in bringing this devastating and tragic story to light." One of the alleged victims of Strauss interviewed in the SI piece is Olympian and UFC champ Mark Coleman, an All-American wrestler who found himself "haunted" by Strauss's abuse. The piece also implicates Ohio Congressman Jim Jordan , who worked as an OSU assistant wrestling coach from 1986 to 1994, in allegedly knowing about and doing nothing to stop the… Read full this story
- Divisive whistleblower is Ohio State doctor’s loudest accuser
- Penn State mailbag:
- George Will: Has Catholic Church committed worst crime in American history?
- Real World Economics: Anger at admissions abuses rooted in broader problems
- Reviewing a half-century of Gopher athletic chaos: Jerry Kill’s radio rant on P.J. Fleck nothing new at “The U”
- Ray Duckler: A life lived on the edge, feeling lucky the whole way through
- List of central Pennsylvania high school student-athletes that are playing a non-football sport in college
- Opinion: Has the Catholic Church committed the worst crime in American history?
- Did the Catholic Church commit the worst crime in US history?
- Who benefits from a closed presidential search at MSU?
George Clooney to Produce Docuseries About Ohio State Wrestling Abuse Scandal have 325 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.