Although the Academy Award-winning Regina King needs no introduction, she could use (as we all could) a little crowd work from Kenan Thompson's hype man. King made her Saturday Night Live debut last night, and noted right off the bat, "If you're Black you probably know me from being in some of your favorite movies. If you're white you probably know me from Watchmen or this monologue." She goes over the tips Lorne Michaels apparently gave her ("play the race card") and mentioned her nerves. Thompson then came out to give her a hand, dressed in Run-DMC hat and chains, and helpfully encouraged the crowd to cheer after her every punchline. But King, a trained actor, "doesn't need all that." "My bad. It's your world, queen," Thompson replies, and he's right.
- King Kong Doesn't Ape 1933
- Content is King - The King is Dead, Long Live Traffic the Real King
- Google Adsense - Is it Worth the Hype?
- To Market to Market: Why Content is King
- Damon Lindelof’s
- Miss Congeniality 2: Unfunny and Inept
- The 13 Hour Superbowl
- Ray (Movie Review)
- Oprah-Right To Privacy or Secrecy?
Get Hyped for Regina King’s First have 199 words, post on www.vulture.com at February 14, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.