Voting for the shortlist in the International Feature Film Oscar race is currently underway with the expanded roster of 15 titles to be unveiled next week. In a year unlike any other, there is reliably excellent work and another embarrassment of riches among the 93 films submitted from countries all around the world. In the first of a two-part series, below is the latest installment in our annual look at what films have a good shot of landing on the shortlist. Contrary to last year, when Korea’s Parasite was the hands-down favorite going in — and then pulled off the first-time feat of a foreign-language movie winning Best Picture — this is the most open field in quite a while. Speaking with the filmmakers behind each of the candidates, some similarities emerged, notably that despite a lack of physical festival exposure for many due to the pandemic, a consensus felt the result made for a more democratic process with everyone campaigning from home. Related Story Golden Globes: ‘Minari’ Scores Sole Nomination With Foreign-Language Nod; Guatemala Lands First-Ever Mention In ‘La Llorona’ Under new rules, Academy voters have to watch a minimum 12 entries on the list they were sent (about… Read full this story
- The 20 greatest Oscar snubs ever – Ranked!
- Oscars 2020: ‘Last Fiction’ First Iranian Film to Run for Best Animated Feature
- Netflix to show its Oscar-contending movies on Broadway
- Which CG character will win the 2018 visual effects Oscar?
- Nets season preview: Pressure is on even in Kevin Durant bummer
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 preview
- ‘Les Misérables’ Trailer: Paris Is Burning in France’s 2020 Oscar Entry
- Knicks season preview: RJ Barrett brings hope for tricky rebuild
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional Preview
- Galatasaray vs Real Madrid match preview: Prediction, team news, injuries and line up
Oscars: Previewing Top Contenders For The International Feature Shortlist – Part One have 284 words, post on deadline.com at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.