Photo: Ray Tamarra/Getty Images Prolific producer Scott Rudin came under renewed scrutiny last week after a Hollywood Reporter exposé detailed his alleged abusive behavior toward his assistants, including hurling a baked potato at one and smashing a computer monitor on another's hand . But the EGOT winner's temperament is not a revelation in the industry, where he has a long-established record of combative conduct — in 1998, Fortune magazine described Rudin as being famous for "his habit of throwing phones, verbally abusing staffers, and expecting 16-hour workdays and seven-day workweeks." He told The Wall Street Journal in 2005 that he had burned through 119 assistants in five years (some workers estimated the number would be 250 or more if it included those fired during their two-week trial periods). From his pushing people out of moving cars to engaging in a bitter feud with Harvey Weinstein , here are 21 tales about Rudin that helped build his unpleasant reputation. According to a 2001 Observer article , Rudin's office at Paramount reportedly contained a "jungle of foliage" meant to hide the destruction. "Between the enormous potted plants everywhere and the look of the faces on the interns and the assistants, it was… Read full this story
- In 1923, James T. Scott was lynched in Columbia. An unlikely author tells his story.
- An author retraces James T. Scott’s life, ending the silence about her family’s link to his death
- Adam Scott has made long climb back to golf’s elite
- London Theater Review: ‘Present Laughter’ Starring Andrew Scott
- Sen. Scott warns Venezuela will become ‘this hemisphere’s Syria’ if Maduro not ousted
- Jane Scott in her own words: Remembering the legendary Plain Dealer rock critic on her centennial
- Scott Signs Bill Hiking Legal Smoking Age to 21
- R. B. Scott Shares the Culture of Salt Lake City in His Novel ‘The Mending’
- Jane Scott Centennial: You can follow a legend, but you can’t replace one: Chuck Yarborough
- ‘It’s time for action’: Rick Scott calls for U.S. military involvement in Venezuela
21 Notorious Scott Rudin Stories have 337 words, post on www.vulture.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.