KATE Garraway has revealed she initially ignored Piers Morgan’s advice to document husband Derek’s coronavirus battle when he first fell ill. The Good Morning Britain star has released her book The Power of Hope, which details her nightmare year coping with Derek’s serious illness. Yesterday she told Iain Dale’s LBC radio show that the book might not have happened if she hadn’t have done a U-turn and made notes like Piers suggested. She explained: “Piers said, ‘You’ve got to write this down.'” At first she decided against it as she felt she “didn’t have time to write it all down”. But Piers pushed back and said even if she just jotted down words to jog her memory it would help her remember the events more vividly. It is something Kate took on board, and those notes would later help her piece together her book. Piers has also urged his fans to buy the book to “support” Kate after her “family’s year of Covid hell”. The former Good Morning Britain host, 55, took to Twitter to support his long-time friend, whose husband became the longest-suffering coronavirus patient in the UK last year. Derek, 53, was hospitalised with coronavirus in March last… Read full this story
- New birth, new start: It’s time for Harry to stop his privacy war with the press, Meghan to heal the rift with her dad, and both of them to stop feuding with Wills and Kate, says PIERS MORGAN
- Meghan Markle reveals that Michelle Obama answered all her Vogue interview questions over EMAIL - and admits she wishes she'd made a phone call
- 'It's taken me 20 years to come to terms with my mother's death': Prince William reveals his regret that Princess Diana didn't get to meet Kate or her grandchildren as he poses for family photoshoot
- Final pictures of John McCririck outside of his home show the racing pundit looking gaunt and frail in one of Trump's Make America Great Again hats - as his beloved wife 'Booby' reveals he died after a secret battle with lung cancer
- Harry and Meghan ‘ignored advice not to take private jet’ to Italy
- Kevin McCloud's Grandest Designs! Presenter reveals his top five builds in tonight's 20th anniversary episode - including a £10k shipping container project in Northern Ireland that he admits is his favourite EVER
- From red carpet to real life...SUSANNA REID: Why DO midlife women like me need to prove we’re still wild?
- Strictly's Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell put on a loved-up display as they lead the celebrity turnout on day one of the Chelsea Flower Show
- GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2019: Victoria Beckham dons a chic trouser suit, Kylie Minogue and Nicole Kidman stun in gowns and Rita Ora rocks black lace as they lead the crème de la crème on the red carpet
- What Actually Happened to Princess Diana—and Why It's Not Happening to Meghan Markle
Kate Garraway reveals she ‘ignored Piers Morgan’s advice’ when husband Derek first fell ill with coronavirus have 487 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.