April 13, 2021 – 12:46 BST Gemma Strong Prince Harry unable to salute at Prince Philip’s funeral after giving up his military titles, unlike his brother and father, Prince William and Prince Charles Prince Harry ‘s attendance at his grandfather’s funeral on Saturday will visibly mark his change of status within the royal family. Following his decision with wife Meghan Markle to step away from their roles as working royals, Harry lost his honorary military titles, including that of Captain General of the Royal Marines, and as such is likely to wear a suit rather than a military uniform. MORE: 14 heartwarming photos of Prince Philip as a doting grandfather Loading the player… WATCH: Prince Philip’s best family moments Protocol states that retired service personnel are allowed to wear their medals – but not their uniform – at official engagements once they have left the military. Furthermore, only those wearing a military headdress can salute, meaning that Harry is also not entitled to salute at the funeral, unlike his brother and his father. MORE: Prince Philip’s godchildren include a former pop star and a used car salesman READ: Charles Spencer breaks silence following Prince William’s statement on Prince Philip Prince… Read full this story
- How Is Prince Harry and Prince William’s Relationship? ‘Still Not Great.’
- Prince Harry plans UK visit to clinch extension to 12-month Megxit deal
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left out of Queen’s Christmas speech for second year in a row
- Prince Harry's ex Cressida Bonas' wedding broke with tradition - here's how
- Prince Harry's heartbreak as godmother dies 'suddenly but peacefully'
- Queen had secret plan for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to live in Africa: Her Majesty wanted to offer both honour and responsibility to the couple... in the hope they would find happiness just as she had as a newlywed in Malta
- Royal family was 'cruel to spare heir' Prince Harry and 'edged him and Meghan out' because they were 'rock stars' who 'overshadowed William and Kate', royal expert claims
- A blooming lovely Christmas card! Prince Charles and Camilla smile in their vibrant garden at Birkhall in loved-up photo chosen for their 2020 greeting
- Prince Harry and Prince William have exchanged presents in signs of a Christmas 'truce', a royal biographer claims
- The Queen dons her mother's Shell Brooch and Prince Philip is the only photograph on display during her Christmas broadcast
Prince Harry won't salute at Prince Philip's funeral – unlike Prince William and Prince Charles have 388 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.