Photo-Illustration: by Vulture; Photo by Magnolia Pictures Regina Hall radiates gentle warmth and empathy in Support the Girls, Andrew Bujalski's 2018 indie film about the stretched-thin but fiercely bonded employees of a Hooters-esque breastaurant called Double Whammies. As Lisa, Double Whammies's long-suffering and incredibly loyal middle manager, Hall is both heartbreaking and low-key funny, maneuvering the insane machinations of her boss, Cubby (James Le Gros), the oft-perverse behavior of her customers, and her crumbling marriage, all while acting as something of a mother figure to the young, scantily clad women who work beneath her (Haley Lu Richardson, Junglepussy, and Dylan Gelula ). The role is an exercise in subtlety — Hall's wide-open face contorts just slightly enough to let the audience know that Lisa is in pain, but not enough to clue in her adoring coworkers. It's a revelatory, naturalistic performance that, coming on the heels of years of laugh-out-loud comedies ( Girls Trip, Think Like a Man, Scary Movie) and darker dramas ( The Hate U Give, Law-Abiding Citizen ), shows off Hall's range. The film itself is just as quietly powerful, studying the bleak dynamics of late American capitalism and the way it intersects with structural sexism and… Read full this story
- Issa Rae looks awesome in orange as she promotes Little with co-stars Marsai Martin and Regina Hall
- Suddenly shy? Cody Simpson refuses to answer questions about Miley Cyrus as he jets into Sydney Airport... amid rumours he will be unveiled as the Robot on The Masked Singer
- Ask and Answer Questions About Exploring Cities
- Boris Johnson refuses to answer questions about strange photo
- Ex-Justice Minister Keeps Refusing to Answer Questions
- Loki TV show on Disney+ will answer questions about Loki's death and the cube
- ACC teams look to answer questions at quarterback
- Regina King Finally Gets Her Theme Music
- Halle Berry names the movie she most regrets making: 'Sometimes you get on set and you think, was I high when I agreed to do this? Was I smoking crack?'
- Amazon app quiz November 18, 2019: Get answers to these five questions and win Rs 20,000 as Amazon Pay balance
Regina Hall Answers Every Question We Have About have 346 words, post on www.vulture.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.