April 09, 2021 – 11:33 BST Sophie Hamilton The Queen’s decadent breakfast revealed – and it’s unexpected It’s known that the Queen enjoys a good breakfast at the palace – from tea and biscuits to cereal, toast and occasionally a plate of kippers. Now her former royal chef, Darren McGrady, has revealed another of the monarch’s favourite breakfast dishes, which sounds rather tasty indeed. In a new video on his YouTube channel , Darren shows viewers how to cook smoked haddock kedgeree that he served to Her Majesty at Buckingham Palace. The chef describes the meal as: “The ultimate Victorian culinary decadence.” MORE: The Queen’s daily diet: The monarch’s breakfast, lunch and dinner revealed Loading the player… WATCH: The Queen’s favourite foods! Darren says in the video: “One of the most popular breakfast dishes that I cooked for the royal family – one of their favourites and mine too – is a dish called kedgeree. It’s the ultimate comfort food dish that was brought over to the Victorians in the era of the Raj by the returning British colonials.” The Queen likes to eat a healthy, balanced diet He adds: “The original dish was made of beans and rice and… Read full this story
- Britain’s Armed Forces have seen starting pay plummet by almost £1,200 over the past decade, figures reveal
- The Crown: Actor Vanessa Kirby on portraying royalty, and whether the Queen watches
- Fact-checking 'The Crown': Did Queen Elizabeth let a known KGB spy work for Buckingham Palace?
- The documentary the Queen doesn’t want anyone to see
- Donald Trump hails our ‘fantastic’ Queen and says UK relationship is ‘very strong’ after Buckingham Palace visit
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's surprising Christmas plans revealed
- The Queen is 93… Sulky Prince Harry and Meghan Markle can’t miss a Christmas with her
- A Timeline of the Queen Biopic’s Tumultuous Road to Completion
- Queen's Roger Taylor says he's still havin' a good time as he hits 70th birthday
- Ever spotted the unusual row of period townhouses beside the A4 when entering West London? We reveal their stunning interiors as one becomes available to buy for £2m
The Queen's decadent breakfast revealed – and it's unexpected have 346 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.