A tourist takes a photo at Fort Santiago in Manila on June 16, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / JOSEPH AGCAOILI MANILA, Philippines — Intramuros, the walled city in Manila, will re-open two of its sites starting Monday, following the imposition of General Community Quarantine (GCQ) in Metro Manila and adjacent provinces, the Department of Tourism (DOT) announced on Sunday. DOT Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat revealed that Fort Santiago and Baluarte de San Diego would be re-opened to limited capacity and shortened operating hours, in accordance with Interagency Taskforce on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) guidelines. READ: Why you should check out Intramuros now "The re-opening of Fort Santiago and Baluarte San Diego will allow visitors to again experience the World's Leading Tourist Attraction as recognized by the prestigious World Tourism Awards," Puyat said in a statement. Fort Santiago is only set to accommodate 200 visitors, while Baluarte de San Diego garden will allow 100 visitors at a time, both below the 30 percent threshold allowed by IATF, according to DOT. Fort Santiago will be open daily from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm, while Baluarte de San Diego garden is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, DOT added. The entrance fee for… Read full this story
- San Diego police issue warning to vigilantes after teen was allegedly kidnapped during an amateur sex sting
- Highly-skilled radiologist Dr. Peachy Piana comes home to Guam
- New barricades at US-Mexico border as migrant caravan arrives
- US midterm election results live: Democrats win House but Republicans hold Senate
- US midterm elections live: Donald Trump congratulates himself on 'Big Win'
- A teen was allegedly kidnapped during an amateur sex sting
- Donald Trump marks Thanksgiving Day with threat to close Mexico border
- Troops dispatched by Trump install razor wire on Mexico border in 'political stunt' days ahead of midterm elections
- U2: Exclusive interview as Brendan O'Connor enters the belly of the beast
- Chief: Survey won't be distributed on Election Day, No ill-intent in conducting survey
Intramuros sites Fort Santiago, Baluarte de San Diego to reopen Monday — DOT have 309 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at May 16, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.