Photo: Gie Knaeps/Getty Images Truth or Dare is a snapshot of stardom in 1991, before fame was something that existed in people's pockets. Pop documentaries have surged in the past decade, with many younger artists striving to make their own versions of Truth or Dare . Try as they might, Beyoncé , Taylor Swift , Billie Eilish , Lady Gaga , Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, the Jonas Brothers, Ed Sheeran, Demi Lovato , Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes , and Coldplay can't quite replicate the novelty of early-'90s Madonna. (Time will tell whether Pink , Nicki Minaj , Rihanna , or Alicia Keys can do any better.) Maybe that's because Truth or Dare wasn't initially designed to be so personal. What began as a traditional concert film ripened when director Alek Keshishian observed the seven dancers, two backup singers, and dozens of attendants in Madonna's retinue. What came next was less a celebrity-branding ploy than an organic peek behind the Blond Ambition Tour's curtain. Madonna funded the roughly $4 million project herself, according to producers Tim Clawson and Jay Roewe, but she and Keshishian created a new approach to storytelling, unburdened by any rule book. "The movie isn't pure cinema vérité,"… Read full this story
- An Oral History of M. Night Shyamalan's 'Unbreakable'
- An Oral History of an Orgy
- Big Trouble in Little China oral history
- Belsen: Our Story, review: a devastating and dignified oral history of Holocaust horrors
- Debi Mazar says her best friend Madonna's toyboy Ahlamalik Williams, 25, is 'lovely' and 'sweet'
- How Madonna Is Raising Malawi: Inside Her Tireless Work Helping Children and Fighting Poverty in Africa
- Coachella: Madonna makes out with Drake, Florence Welch wails, Jenny Lewis sparks mini Rilo Kiley reunion
- Madonna Breaks Silence on Adopting Twin Girls from Malawi: 'I Am Overjoyed That They Are Now Part of Our Family'
- 'I was mortified!': Kelly Brook reveals she once passed wind in front of Madonna after struggling with her macrobiotic diet 20 years ago
- Madonna and All Six of Her Kids Visit the Malawi Hospital She Built 1 Year After Its Opening
The Oral History of Madonna’s have 343 words, post on www.vulture.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.