Photo: Taylor Hill/Getty Images Eric Adams may be making all the headlines, but he wasn't the only winner of last month's Democratic mayoral primary. The Brooklyn borough president's success was also a triumph for "everyday New Yorkers," to hear him tell it — the bulk of residents whose political tastes run less spicy than those of the city's left. Most of Adams's coalition would gladly trade a systemic overhaul for the blander flavors of incrementalism: a little more safety, slightly better jobs, moderately improved schools. His base looks like the president's in this way, observed Ron Klain. "I think that the coalition that Mr. Adams put together in New York is not dissimilar to the coalition that President Biden put together," the White House chief of staff told the New York Times earlier this month. "A coalition of working-class voters, African American voters overwhelmingly, and voters who want to see progress on core issues." The self-styled " Biden of Brooklyn " agrees. "I was encouraged by what the president did," Adams told Jake Tapper on Sunday. "And I knew what I was hearing on the ground, that everyday New Yorkers were just like everyday Americans. They wanted, not a government… Read full this story
- Adam Putnam hired donor’s son for $91K job in his state agency. There’s a Publix tie.
- Adam Schiff’s Office Denies Conflict of Interest for Staffer on Think Tank Backed by Ukraine Gas Company
- Eric Holder Reportedly Pressed for FALN Inmates’ Clemency
- Missouri governor Eric Greitens charged with felony computer data tampering
- Former AG Eric Holder says he's 'thinking about' running for president in 2020
- Adam LaRoche, Pirates edge Braves
- Rep. Adam Schiff: Trump response to California fires show 'how little he understands the job'
- Eric Holder Credits Edward Snowden For Performing ‘Public Service’
- Who's who in latest Greitens report
- A Blue Line to Lynn? Advocates are pushing a new way to fund transportation projects
Eric Adams Is No Pragmatist have 335 words, post on nymag.com at July 14, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.