Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin The Obama Portraits headline the Art Institute of Chicago's summer exhibition schedule. Chicago is the first stop on a national tour for the instantly iconic paintings by Amy Sherald and Kehinde Wiley which are typically housed at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C.. Visitors who take time exploring the rest of the museum will be rewarded with the nation's premiere collection of, "hey, I've seen that before" paintings, images familiar to even the non-art going public. Bisa Butler's stunning portrait quilts remain on view. They have revolutionized what will be expected of art museums from this day forward. Two new exhibitions also deserve attention. Joseph Yoakum The song "I've Been Everywhere" tells the story of a man travelling far and wide across the countryside from big cities to small towns with little more than the clothes on his back. It could have been written about Joseph Yoakum (1891–1972). Iola, Kansas. Stockholm, Sweden. Paso Robles, California. Saudi Arabia. Did Yoakum actually visit all of the places for which he painted and titled his dreamy, flattened landscapes, roughly 100 of which are on view now through October 18 th during the exhibition, "Joseph E. Yoakum:… Read full this story
- JCA Art students visit "Van Gogh's Bedrooms" exhibit at Art Institute of Chicago
- Vietnam’s blossoming contemporary art scene, on full display in L.A.
- Datebook: MOCA explores an art movement inspired by feminine and domestic traditions
- Shilpa and Praful Shah have devoted their life to hand-crafted textiles and art that tell the India story
- National Portrait Gallery to close for three years for revamp
- Eyes on the prize: the must-see art and design of autumn 2016
- Andover Native In Running To Play Chicago's Roxie On Broadway
- Asian Art Museum rising to put tough days behind
- Barack Obama Suggests Donald Trump is Crippled by 'Mommy Issues,' as Well as Hate and Racism
- Lucas Museum of Narrative Art finds its new director at the Met
There’s More To See Than The Obama Portraits At Art Institute Of Chicago This Summer have 334 words, post on www.forbes.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.