PETALING JAYA: As Covid-19 numbers continue to surge, an activist has staged a hunger strike in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, calling for immediate intervention by the authorities in the way the pandemic is being managed. Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi, strategic communications consultant Nathaniel Tan launched his hunger strike in a camping tent set up at the corner of Jalan Rahim Kajai and Lorong Rahim Kajai 14 on Wednesday (Aug 4) afternoon. “The Mahatma brought the British Empire to its knees without firing a single shot. He followed two principles: never submit and never harm another,” he said. Tan was particularly incensed that the ongoing Constitutional crisis and question of parliamentary support for Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin could drag on till September, as Covid-19 continues to infect over 20,000 and kills more than 200 a day. He pointed out that deaths could surge in September if nothing is done by then. “I don’t personally encourage mass gatherings. I don’t encourage anything that might put anyone except myself at risk. “I will do what any Malaysians can do. I will take a short walk out of my home and sit at the corner of Jalan Rahim Kajai and… Read full this story
- India handled COVID-19 pandemic better than estimated; economy picked up momentum from September: SBI reports
- Vietnamese tech startups poised to rebound after COVID-19 pandemic
- The Voter or the Virus: How Likely Could the US Delay Election Amid the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic?
- A President Biden will do a better job handling COVID-19
- Amit Shah: CAA will be implemented depending on COVID-19 pandemic
- Here's why a vaccine will not stop the Covid-19 pandemic right away
- Texans Became Less Worried About COVID-19 Pandemic as Cases Surged: Poll
- Recordings reveal WHO's analysis of COVID-19 pandemic in private
- United Nations calls December summit on COVID-19 pandemic
- ‘The Good Doctor’ Stars And Creator David Shore Tease Season 4 Opener Centered On COVID-19 Pandemic & New Roles For St. Bonaventure Residents
Activist stages hunger strike, calls for change in handling of Covid-19 pandemic have 318 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.