0 Politics & Government Chairwoman Lisa Cupid signs Declaration of Emergency concerning latest COVID surge in Cobb County The order allows the county to activa … Press Release Desk News Partner Posted Reply Press release from the Cobb County Government: August 19, 2021 Chairwoman Lisa Cupid signs Declaration of Emergency concerning latest COVID surge in Cobb County The order allows the county to activate the Emergency Operations Plan, to be in effect for 30 days Marietta, GA | August 19 — Cobb County Board of Commissioners Chairwoman Lisa Cupid signed a Declaration of Emergency late Thursday to help the county respond to the latest surge in COVID-19 cases. The order cites the dramatic increase in hospitalizations that has left the county “critically low” on critical care beds, as well as noting the increase in positivity rates for the virus and low vaccination rates compared to elsewhere in the country. “Public health officials are urging us to do whatever we can to encourage people to get the COVID vaccine and wear masks while near other people,” Chairwoman Cupid said. “This declaration will open the doors to provide assistance to others in the county who need it and highlight the critical stress… Read full this story
- Worst Heat of 2019 Seizes Tri-State; NYC Declares Emergency
- Inside Airbnb’s ‘Guerrilla War’ Against Local Governments
- Georgia Declares State of Emergency as Hurricane Florence Charges Toward Coast
- 3rd Kavanaugh Accuser Emerges; Trump Open to Changing Mind
- Trump’s right. Border arrests are surging. Here’s why.
- Trump Declared an Emergency Based on Data That Doesn’t Exist
- Hurricane Michael Update: Category 3 Storm Could Hit Florida Wednesday
- The Political Education of Silicon Valley
- Heat relief to come at expense of dangerous weather in U.S.
- Man Missing After ‘Once-Every-1000-Years’ Flood Devastates Ellicott City
Cobb County Government: Chairwoman Signs Declaration Of Emergency Over COVID Surge have 282 words, post on patch.com at August 20, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.