Ja Rule and Fat Joe. Photo-Illustration: Vulture; Photos by Verzuz/Verzuz TV Verzuz staged another very New York battle last night, pitting turn-of-the-century city icons Fat Joe and Ja Rule against each other in the heart of the city, at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater. The longtime friends traded hits, boasts, and barbs — yes, including many an attack on Ja Rule over Fyre Festival. And the battle also featured a number of guests, from rappers Remy Ma and Nelly (who turned heads for performing his own hit "Hot in Here," and who, need we remind, is an alleged rapist ) to writer-producer Dre (of Cool & Dre) to Ashanti, who nearly stole the whole damn show for a few songs. The R&B superstar returned after her long-delayed battle against Keyshia Cole to perform with both Joe and Ja, guesting on both Ja Rule's "Mesmerize" and Fat Joe's "What's Love," also alongside Ja. (Joe gifted Ashanti, along with Remy Ma, a Hermès handbag after her appearance, which we'd say is a pretty fair payment for multiple songs of stunning live vocals.) The performance ended in a fittingly New York moment, with Joe and Ja coming together to perform their song "New… Read full this story
- 'They're going to put y'all back in chains': Joe Biden's astonishing attack on Romney and Ryan in speech to audience with hundreds of black supporters
- Joe Nocera on Why College Athletes Should Be Paid, How the NCAA Is Like Enron, and What It Was Like Being Pushed Out at the
- LSU wins! Joe Burrow magic leads Tigers in battle with Longhorns, severe Texas heat
- Tyson Fury’s Morecambe haunts including his local pub, gym and cafe where they trim fat off his bacon
- 'I beat my abusive relationship with sugar after tipping scales at 23st - here's how you can too'
- Three Questions Joe Biden Can’t Answer About His Draconian ‘Top Priority’
- Former EastEnders star Ricky Norwood reveals Dot Cotton actress June Brown broke the rules by smoking on set – but no one wanted to tell her off
- How To Keep Our Buildings From Making Us Fat
- Alec Stewart's England ratings: Ben Stokes and Mark Wood are 'game-changers', Joe Root answers critics
- Bitch Better Have My Money: A Brief History of Artists Not Paying Their Taxes
Ashanti Beat Fat Joe and Ja Rule at Their Own Verzuz have 392 words, post on www.vulture.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.