Seth Meyers gave a candid remembrance of the late Norm Macdonald on Tuesday's Late Night , explaining that Macdonald wouldn't have wanted to hear "anything sentimental" said about him in the wake of his death. Instead, Meyers shared his favorite and funniest memories of the comic, including the first time he met Macdonald in 2001 backstage at Saturday Night Live . When the comic, who had recently become a father, was asked how parenthood was treating him, Macdonald replied, "It's going great. Still no abductions." Meyers also shared his favorite "Weekend Update" joke of all time, calling it "a perfect Norm joke." "'The richest girl in the world, billionaire Athina Onassis, celebrated her 10th birthday this week. What's it like to be the richest girl in the world? Well, to give you some idea, at the party, they had two cakes.'" Meyers shared that Macdonald's influence on him could not be overstated, particularly in his performance as a "Weekend Update" anchor. "I said to him, one of the hardest parts of doing 'Update' for me, was not telling every joke the way I thought Norm would tell it," Meyers admitted. "I had to beat Norm's delivery out of me." The Late… Read full this story
- My Year Of Flops Norm MacDonald’s Film Career Died For Your Sins Case File #133:
- Xbox Live Gold: Everything Xbox One Users Need To Know
- With the two-part episode Identity, The Orville has matured into serious science fiction
- Jonah Hill joins the Five-Timers Club on a uniformly funny
- Everything You Never Knew About The Making of
- 'I see the genius of the Indian people'
- The best shows on Amazon Prime right now
- What makes a good Oscar host?
- 'These women are not just statistics'
- Friday's Best Deals: Backcountry, Eufy Robovac, Charbroil, Jetboil, and More
Seth Meyers Remembers Norm Macdonald: ‘He Was the Gold Standard’ have 321 words, post on www.vulture.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.