Synopsis Ritholtz says investors should consider a globally diversified portfolio, including asset classes that are less correlated to equities such as corporate bonds, treasury inflation-protected securities and treasuries. Eminent author and equity analyst Barry Ritholtz says even the greatest trading strategy is worthless if investors lack the discipline and the emotional resilience to stick with it. Ritholtz says investors should consider a globally diversified portfolio, including asset classes that are less correlated to equities such as corporate bonds , treasury inflation-protected securities and treasuries. “A portfolio that is 60 per cent equities and 40 per cent fixed income should suffer drawdowns of about 26-28 per cent in markets that get cut in half, such as 1973-74 or 2008-09. If you cannot live through a 25 per cent pullback in the value of your portfolio, you have no business owning stocks ,” he wrote in a column for a financial website. Barry L Ritholtz is the co-founder, chairman and chief investment officer of Ritholtz Wealth Management LLC. His career's focus has been on decoding how the intersection of behavioral economics and data affects investors. Ritholtz did his graduation at Yeshiva University's Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York, where… Read full this story
- Stocks Are Great for the Very Young — and the Very Old
- Elon Musk extends lead as world’s richest man with £225billion fortune
- Terry Smith's tips for picking exceptional businesses & getting hefty returns
- Judd Trump predicts great Masters final between Barry Hawkins and Neil Robertson
- Financial Freedom In 2022: Investing In Stock Market Ideas
- Mask mandate? A little too much face time for some readers at National Western Stock Show
- 'PSU banks likely to outperform private lenders over next 12 months but don't go overboard'
- Hot Stocks | Healthy returns in HDFC Bank, Radico Khaitan possible in short term; here's why
- 'A danger to the world!' EU blasted over brazen and 'reckless' raid on UK
- 22 Stocks That Could Double Your Money in 2022
Barry Ritholtz's 12 tips on how to successfully steer through the world of stocks have 315 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 6, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.