Published 29 December 2021 Share close panel Share page Copy link About sharing By Nada Tawfik BBC News, New York The first time I saw Ghislaine Maxwell, I followed her from the door of her luxurious brownstone down the streets of Manhattan, asking her about the horrific allegations against her. Nearly a decade later, I saw her for the final time, in court and no longer able to run away from the truth about her life with Jeffrey Epstein. This is one of the most high-profile convictions of a woman for enabling a sex trafficking ring. And most importantly, it’s a major victory for the more than 100 accusers who fought for more than a decade to have Epstein and his co-conspirators face criminal charges. The 60-year-old daughter of a British media tycoon has been found guilty of grooming and trafficking girls as young as 14 years old for sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. There were several powerful moments inside a packed courtroom in New York City, mainly from the prosecution which kept its case simple to avoid overwhelming the jury. Their aim was to show Maxwell was Epstein’s partner in crime, a sexual predator whose modus operandi was clearly illustrated… Read full this story
- Ex-White House aide a 'no-show' at impeachment probe, awaits ruling on testimony
- 'What Do You Mean, It Jammed': A Harrowing Journey to IUD City
- Woman Held in Same Jail as Her Attacker to Ensure Her Testimony in Sexual Assault Case
- The biggest revelations from Zuckerberg's testimony (The 3:59, Ep. 385)
- 's Harrowing Journey Through Steam Early Access
- Court Filing Claims Prince Andrew Had Sex with an Underage Woman
- Pictures of Children in Bathing Suits Are Not 'Sexy,' You are Gross
- Alice Glass Says She'll Testify In Court Against Crystal Castles' Ethan Kath Over Rape Allegations
- San Francisco Supervisors Vote to Approve Memorial to WWII 'Comfort Women'
- MPs unanimously declare Yazidis and Christians victims of Isis genocide
Ghislaine Maxwell: The harrowing testimony that brought her down have 309 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at December 29, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.