Four decades ago, 15-year-old Kerry Patterson went to get ice cream with friends on a sunny summer day. After moving to Fullerton two weeks earlier, she slipped away on the afternoon of June 26, 1980, to grab a treat at the Ice Cream Castle with a boy she knew from her old Cerritos neighborhood and two other male friends. When it was time to head back, she rode on the handlebars of one of the boys' bicycles as far as Parks Junior High School and then set out to walk the few short blocks the rest of the way home. She never made it. Six months later, Kerry's partial remains — a chunk of her skull, two leg bones and part of an arm bone — were found by an oil field worker near the 57 Freeway and Tonner Canyon in Brea. The site was 12 miles from where she was last seen. Advertisement "The only remains that were found were a portion of her skull and three long bones," Bob Taft, the Orange County Sheriff's Department's cold case detective, said Thursday when reached by phone, noting there was very little to go on. But authorities are now hoping new… Read full this story
- A bakery worker helped cops nab her co-worker as a cold case murder suspect by stealing his discarded Coke can for DNA evidence
- San Jose police searching for missing 11-year-old boy
- New ITV boss Carolyn McCall drives hunt for new hit shows
- February house prices up 8.5% in L.A., 5.9% in Orange County, CoreLogic reports
- Best New Movies, Shows Coming To Hulu, Amazon In October 2018
- Changing Orange County, California, gives Democrats hope
- Democrats target once-heavily GOP Orange County, California
- 8 trends behind South Orange County’s $238-a-night hotel business
- 13-Year-Old Fashion Designer Named Teenpreneur of the Year
- This 9-Year-Old Wrote to Taco Bell Asking Why They Don't Deliver. Now She is Going to Speak at Its Annual Convention.
New sketch shows person of interest in 41-year-old cold case in Orange County have 317 words, post on www.latimes.com at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.