Ukraine: Russia’s military convoy a ‘sitting duck’ says Frei Sign up for our news briefing, including a daily special Russia-Ukraine edition SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info However, Ukrainian defence forces appear to have provided a powerful resistance as Russian forces approach. Russian troops launched two attacks on Kyiv Wednesday, one via the western city of Irpin and another through the eastern district of Brovary. Yet video footage has emerged showing Ukrainian forces bombarding the tanks with artillery in a devastating ambush and forced to turn back. Intercepted radio messages suggested the convoy took heavy losses with yet another senior Russian officer killed, though that could not be verified. Related articles Russian minister Sergei Lavrov's body language assessed EU civil war: VDL accused of being too lenient with Russia One Ukrainian official spoke of the move to defend the city as Russian forces attacked. Vadym Denysenko, adviser to the Interior Ministry said: “The night was quite difficult, but in general we can say that… Read full this story
- Desperate Putin unleashes devastating hypersonic missiles as Russia backed into corner
- Ukraine claims control over Kyiv region as Russia looks east
- Boris demands withdrawal of Putin's forces and will judge Russia on 'actions not words'
- Xi Jinping’s ‘difficult’ moment with Putin over Ukraine as China ‘reassessing’ Russia ties
- Putin’s humiliating 2014 boast that Russia could ‘take Kyiv in two weeks’
- Pope Francis says he may visit Kyiv and blasts Russia for "savage" war
- 'Pounded it to rubble' Putin's devastating plot exposed as next major target named
- Putin says Crimea is part of Russia historically and forever
- Kyiv | The epicentre of Ukrainian resistance
- Putin must think we were born yesterday, says Defence Secretary after claim Russian troops will pull out of Kyiv
Putin begins devastating Kyiv onslaught – chilling Russia convoy 'within miles' of capital have 323 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 10, 2022. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.