Live Updates A stunning leak from the Supreme Court that reveals a draft opinion striking down Roe v. Wade has set off a political earthquake in the United States. A leaked draft opinion shows the Supreme Court readying to strike down Roe v. Wade , the 1973 landmark ruling that guarantees abortion rights. The bombshell ruling would instantly make abortion illegal in at least 13 states, with legal access to abortion varying widely across the country. A l arge number of protesters have gathered outside the Supreme Court to protest the expected ruling. Conservatives, while praising the ruling, have condemned the leak and d emanded the person responsible be identified. A final opinion is expected later this year. But abortion providers issued assurances they would remain open for now. The live updates for this blog have ended. . 17:06 PM EDT Trump Says Leak Won’t Have Big Effect on Midterms; Obama Pans Draft Former President Donald Trump said the Supreme Court leak sets a dangerous precedent for the high court, but he predicted the issue will not have a major effect on the 2022 midterm elections. “It was so surprising to see coming out of the Supreme Court, because Washington… Read full this story
- Kevin McCarthy Eyes House GOP Majority, Speaker’s Gavel in Midterms
- Tax hikes on energy will hurt the economy and America's competitiveness
- The Alarming Scope of the President's Emergency Powers
- The Supreme Court Molded Joe Biden
- Andrew Cuomo’s Case for 2020—No, Really
- If Corporations Are People, They Should Act Like It
- The People vs. Donald J. Trump
- Cotton: Southern Poverty Law Center is a political hate group
- The Lessons of Anwar al-Awlaki
- Can Biden Deliver on His Climate Promises?
Roe v. Wade: Tump says leak won't have big effect on midterms; Obama rips draft have 270 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 2, 2022. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.