CAMERON — At the southwestern edge of Louisiana's withering Gulf of Mexico coastline, the two white domes of a new industrial facility tower over the surrounding chenier plain of Cameron Parish. The facility — a liquefied natural gas export terminal dubbed Calcasieu Pass in honor of the nearby Calcasieu Ship Channel — began exporting in January after an approval process that began eight years ago. It can pump out up to 10 million metric tons annually of LNG across the globe. Much more than that is coming from the Virginia-based company behind the plant: Venture Global LNG. Amid a booming market in Louisiana, Venture Global has gradually laid out a game plan to emerge as the champion of the LNG fight. Its playbook includes another LNG terminal in Cameron and two in Plaquemines Parish in the opposite corner of the state. Last month, Venture Global announced it had secured $13.2 billion in financing for Plaquemines LNG, which it said was the largest financial closing in the world this year. The facility is expected to come online in 2024. Though it plotted its LNG moves years ago, Venture Global's emergence comes at a time when the United States is pushing to… Read full this story
- Developer's takeover creates big player in retirement housing
- Pakistan, Russia poised to sign $10b gas pipeline deals this week
- Oil like gas: S&P Global Platts bags Asian LNG price benchmark
- Dutch to Close EU's Biggest Gas Field to Limit Tremors
- SpaceX poised to launch 'world's most powerful rocket'
- Who is Hassan Jameel? Rihanna’s boyfriend and Saudi businessman who’s heir to one of the world’s biggest companies
- Kremlin poised to hit back at sanctions as US pledges support for UK
- Barcelona poised to activate Real Madrid star Marco Asensio’s £72million release clause in sensational shock swoop
- Biggest ever EuroMillions jackpot is up for grabs tonight – a staggering £167MILLION
- Liverpool poised to terminate Ryan Kent loan deal with winger set to return to Anfield
Of all of Louisiana’s LNG players, this company is poised to be the biggest have 321 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at June 3, 2022. This is cached page on NGHONG. If you want remove this page, please contact us.